As your trusted healthcare provider, your health and well-being is our TOP priority! YES, we are still open and are here to serve you and helping you with your dental care.
However in the light of the recent outbreak of COVID-19, we need to be extremely vigilant and proactive as we value keeping our patients, staff and community safe.
While we do not ascribe to an alarmist approach, it would be irresponsible not to recognise this threat which a rapid, large-scale outbreak poses to South Africans, the healthcare system and the economy.
Although we already follow strict world standard disinfecting and sterilising measures we have implimented new additional methods to prevent cross infection and to protect your health. We are prepared to managed the RISK of the COVID-19.
In light of this we have taken certain actions to protect you:
- We have removed fabric towels from the bathroom and only paper towels are available now.
- All touch points and door handles are cleaned with a medical grade disinfectant multiple times throughout the day.
- Anything that is normally touched by multiple patients will be removed from the waiting room - this includes newspapers and magazines.
- The use of masks, gloves, medical grade disinfectants and autoclaving of instruments is in full force (as usual).
- Staff have increased their usual handwashing and hand sanitising frequency. Hand sanitizer is available for all of our patients.
- You may notice that our windows are open, good ventilation is essential for infection control.
We are rescheduling all patients who have travelled abroad or had close contact with someone who has travelled abroad within the last 14 days.
We are rescheduling all patients with any flu or cold like symptoms with a fever.
Please re-schedule your appointment with us if:
- A) you have travelled abroad within the last 14 days or been in contact with someone who has
- B) you have any flu or cold-like symptoms with a fever or been in contact with someone who has
Should any person in our practice test positive for the corona virus, then we shall have to close the practice for a period of two weeks. Should this happen, we kindly ask for your understanding. We know that this is an inconvenience, but we are confident that with our protocols we minimise the risk for cross infection and thus ensuring your safety.